- Install your lawn immediately upon delivery.
- Begin watering your lawn within 30 minutes of installation, as turf is a living plant that requires ground contact and moisture to prosper.
- Begin laying turf along the longest straight line, such as a driveway or path.
- Butt and push edges and ends against each other tightly, without stretching and avoid gaps or overlaps.
- Stagger the joints in each row in a brick like fashion using a sharp knife or shovel to trim corners etc (avoid leaving small strips at outer edges, as they will not retain moisture).
- On slopes, avoid walking or kneeling on the turf as much as you can, whilst it is being installed or just after watering.
- Once installed, roll the entire turfed area, this will improve the turf/soil contact and remove any unwanted air pockets. You can hire rollers from Kennard’s Hire or Ready Hire.
- Avoid heavy traffic on your new lawn during the first 4 weeks, by doing so, this will give the roots an opportunity to firmly knit with the soil & will ensure the turf remains level.
Click image below to download our ‘Lawn Preparation & Installation’ Guide